The Godaya Initiative
Dinidu has this his to say about what he calls The Godaya Initiative on his site :
The Godaya Initiative is a result of one of my travels to Hambantota which resulted in an article and a post. It promotes direct person-to-person support for families that are living in extreme poverty, or people who are disadvantaged due to different reasons. Since this is not done through an organization or an institution, financial support is not encouraged.
How can you help?
- Sponsoring a child
- Educational support (School stuff, books, uniforms etc.)
- Nourishment (Milk powder, supplementary vitamins etc.)
- Purchasing medical supplies
- Providing assistive devices (Hearing aids, spectacles, crutches, walkers, wheelchairs etc.
- In addition, you can provide books for schools and libraries, schools with computers you’re disposing of, or by any other means you think you can help. If you have something to give, I will find you someone who needs it.
Beyond Borders usually doesn’t engage in direct charity, so we are not involved with this one either. However, we see the value behind things like this and we can vouch for Dinidu’s honesty and integrity. We assure you he has no conceivable use for “School Stuff, Books or uniforms” besides giving them away to intended recipients.